Alfonz Shooter Alfonz Shooter

Remember

gradients are always not the answer, get into any good design class. Please for the sake of the rest in the world, just do it.

3 stars for effort

Jackson Bradshaw

sprittusj responds:

Great review:)
But what so wrong with gradient? This is my first verson of the game so im going to upgrade it:)

AdVaNcE DrEeSs Up AdVaNcE DrEeSs Up

FAIL!

You need to spend more time on your artwor mate.

Falling Lightning Falling Lightning

Simple and Effective

It's a nice little concept you have there, keep up the good work. Although I really cant see myself playing this more than once.

The cross challenges The cross challenges

WOW

This is a terribly innovative game nice work. : )

SketchPad 1.0 SketchPad 1.0

Mediodrity

Although I realise the fact that you have put time and effort into this, i think it is a waste of space. If we are that desperate for a simplistic drawing app. we shall turn to MS paint, for it has save, text and image features.

Good work coding.

No real viable need for it on newgrounds.

Good day. : )

Rapid Wars Rapid Wars

Excellent

Hello, I quite like the work you have done on this, and I myself am creating a geometry wars style game for my IPT major this year. I would like a hand, if you would.

When creating the ripple effect, what did you use, a mask that is played over the top of the grid at the point where the enemy was killed, or something else?

The way you make the enemies follow the charachter, is it similar to making an object follow a mouse at a delayed speed? if not could you please post the code. (i would appreciate it if you could post it either way, I just can't find a way to implement it right : P)

Your tracer and particle effects, what technique did you use for this ??

If you could answer these questions, it would help me a great deal.

Thanks

Jackson Bradshaw

Oh and good job on the movie as well 9/10 (I don't like mouse aiming :P)

jkari responds:

Sorry I haven't read this before. Short answers for if you are still interested (or someone else is).

Ripple effect is made using AS3 filter DisplacementMapFilter.

Enemies following are made so that enemies have speed vector. This vector is corrected a bit towards the player in each frame. This makes enemies follow ship but not directly towards it if ship is moving.

The game consists of two overlapping bitmapdata objects with alpha enabled. Particles are drawn using copyPixels to top layer. So sprites in this game. I prefer drawing everything myself (works usually faster than display lists).

Oh, and I wouldn't suggest keyboard aiming. Having 8 keys that are used at a same time definitely causes problems on many keyboards as thay cannot handle too many simultaneus key presses.

Bowmaster Prelude Bowmaster Prelude

MEH

Got bored too easy

Mortal Kombat: The Game Mortal Kombat: The Game

finally

nice to see you know how long ive tried to do this well now its been done so i wont try to make one but........ hey wait a minute theres mortal kombats 2 through to 4

Betta Get Crackin

Thing-Thing 3 Thing-Thing 3

Fuck yeah

this is bitchintop marks man thats all i can say fuck yeah

Galactic Gravity Golf Galactic Gravity Golf

whoaaaaaaaaah

dude dude teach me how to make shit like thati got to numbe 56 on the top 57 score board cool